mar 10 2013

Fishing herring – using gillnets

Published by at 2:32 pm under Fish and fishing

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Fishing herring – using gillnets”.

17 responses so far

17 Responses to “Fishing herring – using gillnets”

1. Chrison 15 mar 2013 at 11:48 pm

They really got that much fish after only having the net out for that long.. holy crap thats a lot. You said the name of the place but where in the world is that located?

2. adminon 16 mar 2013 at 9:49 am

The island Karmøy is situated between Stavanger and Haugesund in the south western part of Norway.

3. Lofoten Sea Fishingon 24 mar 2013 at 12:56 pm

very nice site about fishing in Norway. We are also from Norway, and have a fishing camp site in the Lofoten Islands. I like your videos and articles.

4. Fishingon 29 mar 2013 at 5:01 pm

That’s a very nice catch.

5. Alex Hillon 09 apr 2013 at 3:47 pm

Wow that’s incredible! All that fish in only 20 minutes!

Is that normal to catch that much in such a short period of time in that area in Norway?

6. adminon 12 apr 2013 at 3:47 pm

Hi Alex. No, this is not normal. This can happen only within the few days when the herring are spawning in the area.

7. Nickon 20 mai 2013 at 10:19 pm

Cant believe so many fish in so few minutes. A pleasure to read your articles as always

8. Suggested Resource siteon 30 mai 2013 at 12:39 am

You might need heavier line and tackle to account for powerful river
    flows. Alaska salmon fishing trip is one of
    the more favorite trips in Alaska. Yet sometimes a net is better to use because it usually
    doesn’t harm the fish and will most likely be easier for you to prepare the fish for later.

9. Yakkeron 05 jul 2013 at 9:44 am

Back in the day, there used to be herring in those numbers all across the North Atlantic! Lets hope Norway manages to keep their stocks from collapsing!

10. You were plain lucky!

Should I say you got lucky? Because I did not meet with the same fate when I went there just a month before. I did pretty much the same things that you did. But 20 minutes? Seriously? It took me more. However, the experience was satisfying.

The gang that I was a part of knew their job pretty well. Our preparations had started long before. It always helps if you have like minded people around you. It eggs you on to do things. It builds excitement and energizes you. And at every point you are actually looking forward to the trip. It was the first deep sea charter fishing experience that I had. And what an experience it was!

11. Fishing in Dubaion 30 jul 2013 at 10:08 am

I love fly fishing. It just takes away my health and mental stress from days of work. Thanks for sharing this.

12. Nickon 16 sept 2013 at 6:17 pm

That is an incredible amount of fish in just 20 minutes. I assume this is not the norm

13. Johnon 09 okt 2013 at 4:21 pm

Happy fishing the ol herring there!…I just came by your blog today, looks good. I’ll to be following along here to keep with the updates – I does the ol trout fishing myself:)..

14. Ultimate Kayak Guideon 09 des 2013 at 2:13 am

Awesome video! That is a ton of Herring in only 20 minutes. I’m lucky to catch more than 3-5 fish in a day.

15. markJon 17 feb 2014 at 7:22 pm

Woah, so many fish, my whole neighborhood would eat for days :)

16. best fishing kayak onlineon 21 feb 2014 at 5:22 am

Man that was a lot of Herring! I wish I could catch that many fish but I’m lucky if I even catch just one lol

17. Paddle Pursuitson 09 mar 2014 at 7:33 pm

Very impressed. It AWESOME to have a chance to «grab» that many Herring! I’m not as lucky unfortunately.